Wood Barn is a mission conceptualised in 2006 to give India environment friendly and energy efficient structures. After extensive research it zeroed on wood as the construction material.
Since then the company, a conglomerate of professionals and passionate souls, has delivered more than 200 world class wooden structures and projects. The structures are apt for farm houses, eco-tourism, eco-construction, eco- resorts, out–houses and tree and beach houses. They are also a preferred option in big and small residential projects, spas and hotels. Being pre-fab in nature a small structure can be installed on site in less than 7 days.
Woodbarn uses lumber produced from spruce-pine-fir species (marketed together as SPF). It has been used extensively in North America for structural applications in wood-frame construction.
- SPF is ideal for residential and commercial construction due to its low cost and high strength to weight ratio.
- The burning rate of SPF is 0.7mm/min.
- The wood is kiln dried to make it free of cellulose and oil and increases its resistance to termites and borers.
- We raise the structure on a concrete or a steel plinth
- Roofs are 100% waterproof
- Base is ACQ treated to make it resistant to termites and borers
- Further treatment and use of water-based coating adds to its durability.
- Architectural Flexibility
- Time Saving and Energy Efficient
- Increased Thermal Performance and Better Insulation
- Easy to Install Mechanical and Electrical Services
- Lower Carbon Footprint
- 12 times more insulating than concrete
- Seismic Activity Resistant
- Soothing and Stress Relieving
The need of the hour is to create structures that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout their life cycle – from siting to design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation, and demolition.