Wood Barn is the pioneer company in the segment of wooden structures in India. It was conceptualized in 2006 by two visionaries - Mr. Sanjay Sharma and Arch Anurag Khandelawal, a national award winner for excellence in Green Architecture and further joined by a conglomerate of passionate professionals. It has delivered more than 200 world class wooden structures .Through its extensive research and innovation has devised more than 100 models which are appropriate for all weather conditions ranging from snowy Himalayas to a damp and humid Kerala.
They are apt for farm houses, out-houses, eco-tourism, eco-construction, eco- resorts, tree and beach houses. They are also a preferred option in big and small residential projects, bar and spa and hotels especially in eco fragile zones.
Being pre-fab in nature a wooden structure can be installed on site in 1/4th the time of a conventional structure with minimal wastage and ecological damage.
Woodbarn uses lumber produced from spruce-pine-fir species (marketed together as SPF) from sustainably managed forests of Canada and Scandinavian countries. The SPF is ideal for residential and commercial construction due to its low cost and high strength to weight ratio.
Highlights of wooden structures
- A wooden structure is done on a concrete or a steel plinth
- Roofs are 100% waterproof
- Every tonne of wood material used in construction saves about 5.7 ton of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere
- Base is ACQ treated to make it resistant to termites and borers
- Further treatment and use of water-based coating adds to its durability
- As durable as any concrete structure
- Time Saving and Energy Efficient to the extent of 33% as compared to conventional structure
- Can be dismantled, relocated and reused
- Increased Thermal Performance and Better Insulation
- Easy to Install Mechanical and Electrical Services
- Lower Carbon Footprint
- 12 times more insulating than concrete
- Seismic Activity Resistant
- Soothing and Stress Relieving
Wood Barn, through its subsidiary Oak Leaf and as a mission to encourage wood, is promoting wooden decking, pergolas and wooden accessories.